mTOR belongs to a family of phosphatidylinositol kinase-related kinases. These kinases mediate cellular responses to stresses such as DNA damage and nutrient deprivation. This protein, encoded by the MTOR (FRAP1) gene, acts as the target for the cell-cycle arrest and immunosuppressive effects of the FKBP12-rapamycin complex. The ANGPTL7 gene is located in an intron of MTOR (provided by RefSeq, Sep 2008).
Rabbit anti Human mTOR antibody detects a band of 273 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti mTOR detects a band of approximately 273 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 2440-2457 of human mTOR
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.18 mg/ml
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P42345 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MTOR Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000139 Golgi membrane
- GO:0016049 cell growth
- GO:0005764 lysosome
- GO:0004674 protein serine/threonine kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005741 mitochondrial outer membrane
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0005942 phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase complex
- GO:0007584 response to nutrient
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0018105 peptidyl-serine phosphorylation
- GO:0048015 phosphatidylinositol-mediated signaling
- GO:0030163 protein catabolic process
- GO:0031295 T cell costimulation
- GO:0031929 TOR signaling cascade
- GO:0031931 TORC1 complex
- GO:0031932 TORC2 complex
- GO:0043200 response to amino acid stimulus
- GO:0046777 protein autophosphorylation
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0051219 phosphoprotein binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of mTOR antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.