The protein encoded by IL18 gene is a proinflammatory cytokine that augments natural killer cell activity in spleen cells, and stimulates interferon gamma production in T-helper type I cells. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for IL-18 (provided by RefSeq, Aug 2011).
Rabbit anti Human interleukin-18 antibody detects a band of 22 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti IL-18 detects a band of approximately 22 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human interleukin-18
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001525 angiogenesis
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0030155 regulation of cell adhesion
- GO:0030431 sleep
- GO:0032725 positive regulation of granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor production
- GO:0032729 positive regulation of interferon-gamma production
- GO:0032740 positive regulation of interleukin-17 production
- GO:0032819 positive regulation of natural killer cell proliferation
- GO:0034105 positive regulation of tissue remodeling
- GO:0042033 chemokine biosynthetic process
- GO:0042088 T-helper 1 type immune response
- GO:0042092 type 2 immune response
- GO:0042094 interleukin-2 biosynthetic process
- GO:0042095 interferon-gamma biosynthetic process
- GO:0042104 positive regulation of activated T cell proliferation
- GO:0042231 interleukin-13 biosynthetic process
- GO:0042253 granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor biosynthetic process
- GO:0050729 positive regulation of inflammatory response
- GO:0051142 positive regulation of NK T cell proliferation
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of IL-18 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra