Rabbit anti Interleukin-18
Rabbit anti-human IL-18 antibody recognizes interleukin-18, also known as IFN-gamma-inducing factor, IL-1 gamma or iboctadekin. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The protein encoded by IL18 gene is a proinflammatory cytokine that augments natural killer cell activity in spleen cells, and stimulates interferon gamma production in T-helper type I cells. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for IL-18 (provided by RefSeq, Aug 2011).
Rabbit anti Human interleukin-18 antibody detects a band of 22 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti IL-18 detects a band of approximately 22 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human interleukin-18
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q14116 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IL18 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001525 angiogenesis
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0030155 regulation of cell adhesion
- GO:0030431 sleep
- GO:0032725 positive regulation of granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor production
- GO:0032729 positive regulation of interferon-gamma production
- GO:0032740 positive regulation of interleukin-17 production
- GO:0032819 positive regulation of natural killer cell proliferation
- GO:0034105 positive regulation of tissue remodeling
- GO:0042033 chemokine biosynthetic process
- GO:0042088 T-helper 1 type immune response
- GO:0042092 type 2 immune response
- GO:0042094 interleukin-2 biosynthetic process
- GO:0042095 interferon-gamma biosynthetic process
- GO:0042104 positive regulation of activated T cell proliferation
- GO:0042231 interleukin-13 biosynthetic process
- GO:0042253 granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor biosynthetic process
- GO:0050729 positive regulation of inflammatory response
- GO:0051142 positive regulation of NK T cell proliferation
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only.
Applications of IL-18 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.