Rabbit anti Human Interleukin-17 antibody
recognizes human IL-17 (Interleukin-17/17A), also known as Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated antigen 8 or CTLA-8. Interleukin-17 is a homodimer of two 132 amino acid chains resulting oin a ~32 kDa disulfide-linked cytokine belonging to the IL-17 family (classified as IL-17A to IL-17F) which signals through the IL-17 receptor (IL-17R/CDw217).
IL-17 is produced primarily by activated CD4+ T cells and induces a variety of target cells to secrete inflammatory cytokines, including IL-1beta, IL-6, TNF-α, IFN-&gamma, and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor, as well as synergizing with other inflammatory cytokines and agonists. The role of IL-17 in bone metabolism has become a focus area for studies into Rheumatoid Arthritis, in which levels of IL-17 are significantly increased and may contribute to bone destruction (Ziolkowska et al. 2000
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
N.B. For functional studies do not add sodium azide
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human IL-17 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by antigen affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human IL-17
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20°C.
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 6 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
positive regulation of interleukin-23 production
positive regulation of osteoclast differentiation
positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IL-17 antibody
|Functional Assays 1
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 2
- 1 To yield one-half maximal inhibition [ND50] of the biological activity of hIL-17A (50.0 ng/ml).
- 2 This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This purified human IL-17 antibody may be used in an ELISA with recombinant human IL-17 (PHP098) as the standard.
- Western Blotting
- This antibody may be used in Western Blotting under either reducing or non-reducing conditions with recombinant human IL-17 (PHP098) as the positive control.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Positive Isotype Controls Available
Application Based External Images
Product Specific References
References for IL-17 antibody
Parsonage, G. et al. (2008) Prolonged, granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor-dependent, neutrophil
survival following rheumatoid synovial fibroblast activation by IL-17 and TNFalpha.
Arthritis Res Ther. 10: R47.
Gaffen, S.L. (2004) Biology of recently discovered cytokines: interleukin-17--a unique inflammatory cytokine with roles in bone biology and arthritis.
Arthritis Res Ther. 6 (6): 240-7.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra