Rabbit anti Human IGFBP-7 antibody recognizes human IGFBP-7 (insulin-like growth factor binding protein-7), also known as mac25, a 256 amino acid secreted protein and member of a growing family of IGFBPs which regulate the biological activities and distribution of the insulin-like growth factors (IGFs), through binding to IGF-I and IGF-II.
IGFBP-7 is widely expressed throughout normal tissues, but is also expressed in many tumour types at an increased or reduced level, and acts as a suppressor of breast and prostate cancer cell lines. IGFBP-7 inhibits IGF-induced differentiation of skeletal muscle (myogenesis) and has implications in bone formation, by its possible affects on the actions of parathyroid hormone (PTH) and cortisol.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human IGFBP-7 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant human IGFBP-7
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
regulation of cell growth
insulin-like growth factor binding
negative regulation of cell proliferation
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IGFBP-7 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This purified human IGFBP-7 antibody may be used in an ELISA recombinant human IGFBP-7 (PHP178) as the standard.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Ruan, W.J. et al. (2006) IGFBP7 plays a potential tumor suppressor role against colorectal carcinogenesis with its expression associated with DNA hypomethylation of exon 1.
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 7 (11): 929-32.
Pereira, R.C. & Canalis, E. (1999) Parathyroid hormone increases mac25/insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-related protein-1 expression in cultured osteoblasts.
Endocrinology. 140 (5): 1998-2003.