Filter by Application:WB IF Reset
Goat anti Human GAPDH (C-Terminal)
- Product Type
- Polyclonal Antibody
- Polyclonal IgG
|Goat anti Human GAPDH antibody recognizes an epitope within the C-terminal (CT) region of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH), a ~36 kDa multifunctional protein whose main function is to catalyse the reversible oxidative phosphorylation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate, in conjunction with inorganic phosphate and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). This reaction is an important energy yielding step in carbohydrate metabolism.
GAPDH translocates to the nucleus under a variety of stressors, most of which are associated with oxidative stress, whereby it mediates cell death (Dastoor et al. 2001). GAPDH binds to several proteins that are responsible for neurodegenerative diseases, such as amyloid precursor protein and Huntingtin (Burke et al. 1996).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Dog Expected from Sequence Mouse Pig Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human GAPDH (CT) were raised by repeated immunisations of goat with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence C-HQVVSSDFNSDT corresponding to the C-terminal region of GAPDH (NP_002037.2).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||0.3ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human tonsil
- Western Blotting
- AHP1064 detects a band of approximately 35kDa in human tonsil, mouse spleen and HeLa cell lysates.
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP|
References for GAPDH antibody
Hara, M.R. et al. (2006) GAPDH as a sensor of NO stress.
Biochim Biophys Acta. 1762 (5): 502-9.
Mazzola, J.L. & Sirover, M.A. (2001) Reduction of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase activity in Alzheimer's disease and in Huntington's disease fibroblasts.
J Neurochem. 76 (2): 442-9.
Wang H et al. (2013) Hypoxic preconditioning alleviates ethanol neurotoxicity: the involvement of autophagy.
Neurotox Res. 24 (4): 472-7.
- GLYCERALDEHYDE-3-PHOSPHATE Dehydrogenase
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0016020 membrane
- GO:0004365 glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (phosphorylating) activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006094 gluconeogenesis
- GO:0006096 glycolysis
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0050821 protein stabilization
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0035605 peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase activity
- GO:0035606 peptidyl-cysteine S-trans-nitrosylation
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0051287 NAD binding
- GO:0051402 neuron apoptosis
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up