Goat anti Human GAPDH antibody
recognizes an epitope within the C-terminal (CT) region of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH), a ~36 kDa multifunctional protein whose main function is to catalyse the reversible oxidative phosphorylation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate, in conjunction with inorganic phosphate and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). This reaction is an important energy yielding step in carbohydrate metabolism.
GAPDH translocates to the nucleus under a variety of stressors, most of which are associated with oxidative stress, whereby it mediates cell death (Dastoor et al. 2001
). GAPDH binds to several proteins that are responsible for neurodegenerative diseases, such as amyloid precursor protein and Huntingtin (Burke et al. 1996
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human GAPDH (CT) were raised by repeated immunisations of goat with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
|0.02%||Sodium Azide (NaN3)|
|0.5%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
- Peptide sequence C-HQVVSSDFNSDT corresponding to the C-terminal region of GAPDH (NP_002037.2).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (phosphorylating) activity
peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase activity
perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of GAPDH antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human tonsil
- Western Blotting
- AHP1064 detects a band of approximately 35kDa in human tonsil, mouse spleen and HeLa cell lysates.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for GAPDH antibody
Hara, M.R. et al. (2006) GAPDH as a sensor of NO stress.
Biochim Biophys Acta. 1762 (5): 502-9.
Mazzola, J.L. & Sirover, M.A. (2001) Reduction of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase activity in Alzheimer's disease and in Huntington's disease fibroblasts.
J Neurochem. 76 (2): 442-9.
Wang H et al. (2013) Hypoxic preconditioning alleviates ethanol neurotoxicity: the involvement of autophagy.
Neurotox Res. 24 (4): 472-7.