Goat anti Human Desmin antibody recognizes an epitope within the C-terminal (CT) region of human Desmin, a type III intermediate filament (IF), localized near the Z line in sacromeres of skeletal, smooth and cardiac muscle tissue.
Desmin plays an essential role in the architecture of muscle cells, connecting the Z-disk to the subsarcolemmal cytoskeleton, and the contractile apparatus to the, mitochondria, cell nucleus and post-synaptic areas of motor endplates. Desmin is an early indicator for muscle tissue in embryogenesis, and a marker for tumours of myogenic origin. Mutations in the Desmin gene, are responsible for the neuromuscular disorder known as desmin-related cardio skeletal myopathy (CSM), characterized by skeletal muscle weakness.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human Desmin (CT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide sequence C-RDGEVVSEATQQQHE from the C-Terminal region of Desmin (NP_001918.3).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Desmin antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1 This product requires heat-mediated antigen retrieval prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human prostate
- Western Blotting
- Goat anti Human Desmin detects a band of approximately 55kDa in human skeletal muscle cell lysates.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available