Goat anti Human Desmin antibody recognizes an epitope within the C-terminal (CT) region of human Desmin, a type III intermediate filament (IF), localized near the Z line in sacromeres of skeletal, smooth and cardiac muscle tissue.
Desmin plays an essential role in the architecture of muscle cells, connecting the Z-disk to the subsarcolemmal cytoskeleton, and the contractile apparatus to the, mitochondria, cell nucleus and post-synaptic areas of motor endplates. Desmin is an early indicator for muscle tissue in embryogenesis, and a marker for tumours of myogenic origin. Mutations in the Desmin gene, are responsible for the neuromuscular disorder known as desmin-related cardio skeletal myopathy (CSM), characterized by skeletal muscle weakness.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human Desmin (CT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide sequence C-RDGEVVSEATQQQHE from the C-Terminal region of Desmin (NP_001918.3).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Desmin antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1 This product requires heat-mediated antigen retrieval prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human prostate
- Western Blotting
- Goat anti Human Desmin detects a band of approximately 55kDa in human skeletal muscle cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra