Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Goat anti Human Desmin antibody recognizes an epitope within the C-terminal (CT) region of human Desmin, a type III intermediate filament (IF), localized near the Z line in sacromeres of skeletal, smooth and cardiac muscle tissue.
Desmin plays an essential role in the architecture of muscle cells, connecting the Z-disk to the subsarcolemmal cytoskeleton, and the contractile apparatus to the, mitochondria, cell nucleus and post-synaptic areas of motor endplates. Desmin is an early indicator for muscle tissue in embryogenesis, and a marker for tumours of myogenic origin. Mutations in the Desmin gene, are responsible for the neuromuscular disorder known as desmin-related cardio skeletal myopathy (CSM), characterized by skeletal muscle weakness.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Dog Expected from Sequence Bovine Expected from Sequence Mouse Rat Pig
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human Desmin (CT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide sequence C-RDGEVVSEATQQQHE from the C-Terminal region of Desmin (NP_001918.3).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||3.0||6.0ug/ml|
- 1 This product requires heat-mediated antigen retrieval prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human prostate
- Western Blotting
- Goat anti Human Desmin detects a band of approximately 55kDa in human skeletal muscle cell lysates.
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP|
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up