Defensin Beta 2 antibody
Filter by Application:P Reset
|Goat anti Human Defensin beta 2 polyclonal antibody recognizes human Defensin beta-2 (BD-2), a ~4.3kDa cationic antimicrobial peptide, also known as Beta-defensin 4A or Skin-antimicrobial peptide 1 (SAP-1) expressed primarily by epithelial cells of the respiratory tract and skin, and an important component of the innate immune response against microbial infections.
Expression of BD-2 is induced during inflammation in response to bacterial products and cytokines, and is initially expressed in a precursor form, which is cleaved to release the C-Terminal active portion of the protein which is secreted by the neutrophil and binds to bacterial membranes causing their disruption.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 1.0ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
N.B. For functional studies do not add sodium azide
- Antisera to human Defensin beta 2 were raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human Defensin beta-2 (PHP161).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- This purified human BD-2 antibody may be used in an indirect ELISA or as the capture reagent in a sandwich ELISA with a biotinylated human BD-2 antibody (AHP849B) as the detection reagent and recombinant human BD-2 (PHP161) as the standard
- Western Blotting
- This purified human BD-2 antibody may be used in Western Blotting applications under either reducing or non-reducing conditions with recombinant human BD-2 (PHP161) as the positive control.
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC|
References for Defensin Beta 2 antibody
Crack, L.R. et al. (2012) Human antimicrobial peptides LL-37 and human β-defensin-2 reduce viral replication in keratinocytes infected with varicella zoster virus.
Clin Exp Dermatol. 37 (5): 534-43.
Bals, R. et al. (1998) Human beta-defensin 2 is a salt-sensitive peptide antibiotic expressed in human lung.
J Clin Invest. 102 (5): 874-80.
Harder, J. et al. (2000) Mucoid Pseudomonas aeruginosa, TNF-alpha, and IL-1beta, but not IL-6, induce human beta-defensin-2 in respiratory epithelia.
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 22 (6): 714-21.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up