Collagen IV antibody
Collagen is located in the extracellular matrix of connective tissues. It is part of the interacting network of proteoglycans and proteins that provides a structural framework for both soft and calcified connective tissues. Collagen Type IV forms a two-dimensional reticulum and is a major component of the basal lamina.
Goat anti human collagen IV has been successfully employed for the demonstration of vasculature in developing rat pups using immunofluorescence techniques (Kermorvant-Duchemin et al. 2013).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human collagen IV was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Human Collagen Type IV from human placenta
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.4 mg/ml
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001525 angiogenesis
- GO:0005201 extracellular matrix structural constituent
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0048407 platelet-derived growth factor binding
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005587 collagen type IV
- GO:0016525 negative regulation of angiogenesis
- GO:0030198 extracellular matrix organization
- GO:0005605 basal lamina
- GO:0032836 glomerular basement membrane development
- For research purposes only
Applications of Collagen IV antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/10||1/40|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for Collagen IV antibody
Kermorvant-Duchemin, E. et al. (2013) Neonatal hyperglycemia inhibits angiogenesis and induces inflammation and neuronal degeneration in the retina.
PLoS One. 8(11): e79545.
Dominguez, E. et al. (2015) Experimental Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion Induces Upstream Pericyte Loss and Vascular Destabilization.
PLoS One. 10 (7): e0132644.
Rajapaksa, K.S. et al. (2016) Preclinical Safety Profile of a Depleting Antibody against CRTh2 for Asthma: Well Tolerated Despite Unexpected CRTh2 Expression on Vascular Pericytes in the Central Nervous System and Gastric Mucosa.
Toxicol Sci. 152 (1): 72-84.
Trouillet, A. et al. (2017) Col4a1 mutation generates vascular abnormalities correlated with neuronal damage in a mouse model of HANAC syndrome.
Neurobiol Dis. 100: 52-61.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra