Collagen IV antibody
Filter by Application:IF Reset
|Goat anti Human collagen IV antibody recognizes human collagen type IV. It has been cross adsorbed against collagen types I, II, III, V and VI, resulting in <10% cross-reactivity. It may cross-react with collagen type IV from other species.
Collagen is located in the extracellular matrix of connective tissues. It is part of the interacting network of proteoglycans and proteins that provides a structural framework for both soft and calcified connective tissues. Collagen Type IV forms a two-dimensional reticulum and is a major component of the basal lamina.
Goat anti human collagen IV has been successfully employed for the demonstration of vasculature in developing rat pups using immunofluorescence techniques (Kermorvant-Duchemin et al. 2013).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human collagen IV was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Human Collagen Type IV from human placenta
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.4 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 12 months from the date of despatch or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/10||1/40|
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC|
References for Collagen IV antibody
Kermorvant-Duchemin, E. et al. (2013) Neonatal hyperglycemia inhibits angiogenesis and induces inflammation and neuronal degeneration in the retina.
PLoS One. 8(11): e79545.
Dominguez, E. et al. (2015) Experimental Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion Induces Upstream Pericyte Loss and Vascular Destabilization.
PLoS One. 10 (7): e0132644.
Rajapaksa, K.S. et al. (2016) Preclinical Safety Profile of a Depleting Antibody against CRTh2 for Asthma: Well Tolerated Despite Unexpected CRTh2 Expression on Vascular Pericytes in the Central Nervous System and Gastric Mucosa.
Toxicol Sci. 152 (1): 72-84.
Trouillet, A. et al. (2017) Col4a1 mutation generates vascular abnormalities correlated with neuronal damage in a mouse model of HANAC syndrome.
Neurobiol Dis. 100: 52-61.
Roubeix, C. et al. (2019) Mo-derived perivascular macrophage recruitment protects against endothelial cell death in retinal vein occlusion.
J Neuroinflammation. 16 (1): 157.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001525 angiogenesis
- GO:0005201 extracellular matrix structural constituent
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0048407 platelet-derived growth factor binding
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005587 collagen type IV
- GO:0016525 negative regulation of angiogenesis
- GO:0030198 extracellular matrix organization
- GO:0005605 basal lamina
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0032836 glomerular basement membrane development
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up