C-Reactive Protein antibody
Goat anti Human C-Reactive Protein
- Product Type
- Polyclonal Antibody
- Polyclonal IgG
- C-Reactive Protein
|Goat anti Human C-reactive protein antibody recognizes human C-reactive protein (CRP), a calcium-binding acute phase reactant belonging to the pentraxin family which is secreted into the plasma by the liver, in response to cytokine stimulation.
In addition to binding to phosphocholine residues, CRP can bind to other autologous and extrinsic ligands on targets, including damaged cell membranes, ribonucleoprotein particles, apoptotic cells and constituents of micro-organisms, and may activate the classical complement pathway through C1q recognition, making CRP a factor in a variety of host defense mechanisms. Levels of plasma CRP are significantly increased during the acute phase response, tissue injury and infection and can be used diagnostically as a marker of inflammation, disease progress and risk assessment of cardiovascular disease.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human C-reactive protein were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Native human C-reactive protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 5.0mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP|
References for C-Reactive Protein antibody
Günter, G. et al. (2019) Smartphone biosensor for Salmonella and Amitriptyline
Proc. SPIE 11028, Optical Sensors 2019, 110280R
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0008228 opsonization
- GO:0010745 negative regulation of macrophage derived foam cell differentiation
- GO:0010888 negative regulation of lipid storage
- GO:0030169 low-density lipoprotein particle binding
- GO:0033265 choline binding
- GO:0051637 Gram-positive bacterial cell surface binding
- View More GO Terms
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up