AMPK Alpha 2 antibody
Filter by Application:WB E Reset
Goat anti Human AMPK Alpha 2
- Product Type
- Polyclonal Antibody
- Polyclonal IgG
- AMPK Alpha 2
|Goat anti Human AMPK alpha 2 antibody recognizes human5′-AMP-activated protein kinase catalytic subunit alpha-2, also known as AMPK alpha 2, ACACA kinase, Acetyl-CoA carboxylase kinase or Hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA reductase kinase, encoded by the PRKAA2 gene. AMPK alpha 2 is a a Serine/threonine-protein kinase and the catalytic subunit of the AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK), a central metabolic sensor, essential for the regulation of fatty acid and cholesterol synthesis, in response to fluctuations in nutrient and intracellular energy levels.
AMPK has been implicated as a suppressor of cell proliferation of both normal and malignant cells. AMPK binding to the PS domain of ULK1, is essential for ULK1-mediated autophagy (Roach et al. 2011), and that the phosphorylation of raptor by AMPK, plays an important role in autophagy induction (Egan et al. 2011).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Dog Expected from Sequence Bovine Expected from Sequence Mouse Rat Pig Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human AMPK alpha 2 was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide sequence CPLDALNTTKP from the internal region of AMPK alpha 2 (NP_006243.2).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Western Blotting||1.0||3.0 ug/ml|
- Western Blotting
- AHP2256 detects a band of approximately 65kDa in Human heart and liver cell lysates.
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006112 energy reserve metabolic process
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0006633 fatty acid biosynthetic process
- GO:0006695 cholesterol biosynthetic process
- GO:0006853 carnitine shuttle
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0042304 regulation of fatty acid biosynthetic process
- GO:0046320 regulation of fatty acid oxidation
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up