Rabbit anti Bovine DOPA decarboxylase antibody recognizes DOPA decarboxylase, also known as aromatic-L-amino acid decarboxylase or DDC), an enzyme that catalyses the decarboxylation of L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) to dopamine, L-5-hydroxytryptophan to serotonin and L-tryptophan to tryptamine. The enzyme is expressed ubiquitously and is essential for the formation of catecholamines, indoleamines and trace amines. DDC is considered to be the rate-limiting step for the formation of trace amines, but not for the formation of catecholamines or indoleamines. It also becomes rate-limiting for dopamine formation in Parkinson's disease patients treated with L-DOPA.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to DOPA Decarboxylase receptor were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM HEPES pH7.5, 150mM NaCl
- Preservative Stabilisers
|0.01%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
- SDS denatured, recombinant bovine DOPA decarboxylase expressed E. coli and purified from inclusion bodies.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
aromatic-L-amino-acid decarboxylase activity
carboxylic acid metabolic process
pyridoxal phosphate binding
catecholamine biosynthetic process
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of DOPA Decarboxylase antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1545 detects a band of approximately 55kDa in rat adrenal medulla.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available