Asialofetuin is produced in the liver and bone marrow and acts as a negative acute-phase protein attenuating the inflammatory response to acute injury (Wang et al. 2010).
In a simple antigen down ELISA assay Sheep anti Bovine asialofetuin antibody reacts with:
asialofetuin (ab at 1/8000) 100%
fetuin (ab at 1/2000) 100%
fetuin (ab at 1/8000) 50%
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 5.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0004869 cysteine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0030502 negative regulation of bone mineralization
- GO:0050727 regulation of inflammatory response
- GO:0050766 positive regulation of phagocytosis
- For research purposes only
Applications of Asialofetuin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):Biotin||5184-2304||C E F WB||1.5 ml|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®488||STAR88D488GA||F IF||0.1 mg|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:FITC||STAR88F||C||1 mg|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
Product Specific References
References for Asialofetuin antibody
Blome, M.C. et al. (2010) Surface plasmon resonance analysis of ricin binding to plasma membranes isolated from NIH 3T3 cells.
Anal Biochem. 396: 212-6.
Bayer, H. et al. (2012) Evaluation of riproximin binding properties reveals a novel mechanism for cellular targeting.
J Biol Chem. 287 (43): 35873-86.