Asialofetuin is produced in the liver and bone marrow and acts as a negative acute-phase protein attenuating the inflammatory response to acute injury (Wang et al. 2010).
In a simple antigen down ELISA assay Sheep anti Bovine asialofetuin antibody reacts with:
asialofetuin (ab at 1/8000) 100%
fetuin (ab at 1/2000) 100%
fetuin (ab at 1/8000) 50%
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 5.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0004869 cysteine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0030502 negative regulation of bone mineralization
- GO:0050727 regulation of inflammatory response
- GO:0050766 positive regulation of phagocytosis
- For research purposes only
Applications of Asialofetuin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):Biotin||5184-2304||C E F WB||1.5 ml|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®488||STAR88D488GA||F IF||0.1 mg|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
Product Specific References
References for Asialofetuin antibody
Blome, M.C. et al. (2010) Surface plasmon resonance analysis of ricin binding to plasma membranes isolated from NIH 3T3 cells.
Anal Biochem. 396: 212-6.
Bayer, H. et al. (2012) Evaluation of riproximin binding properties reveals a novel mechanism for cellular targeting.
J Biol Chem. 287 (43): 35873-86.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra