Tetanus Toxin antibody
Goat anti Clostridium tetani tetanus toxin antibody recognizes the tetanus toxin of Clostridium tetani, an opportunistic pathogen commonly found in soil and the intestinal tracts of some animals. Tetanus toxin is a potent neurotoxin produced following the germination of C. tetani spores in wounds. It blocks neurotransmission by binding irreversibly to receptors in the brain and spinal cord.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified tetanus toxin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 4.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P04958 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0009405 pathogenesis
- GO:0050827 toxin receptor binding
- GO:0051609 inhibition of neurotransmitter uptake
- For research purposes only
Applications of Tetanus Toxin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)