Vedolizumab antibody | AbD30136_hIgG1
Human anti Vedolizumab
Human Anti-Vedolizumab Antibody is a recombinant, inhibitory, anti-idiotypic antibody in IgG1 format for use in drug level monitoring and immunogenicity testing. It can be used as detection antibody in a PK bridging ELISA and as a calibrator in an anti-drug antibody assay.
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Clone AbD30136_hIgG1 is a fully human recombinant monoclonal antibody with IgG1 isotype and is suitable as a reference standard in an anti-drug antibody (ADA) assay. A pair of anti-vedolizumab antibodies can be used to develop a pharmacokinetic (PK) bridging assay to measure free drug. This antibody, in full immunoglobulin format, is recommended as the detection antibody paired with clone AbD30136 (HCA292) in monovalent Fab format as the capture antibody.
Vedolizumab (Entyvio) is a humanized antibody (IgG1/kappa), derived from a murine antibody. It is used for the treatment of both moderate to severe ulcerative colitis and moderate to severe Crohn's disease, primarily in patients who have lost response to, or are intolerant to inhibitors of tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFα), such as infliximab, adalimumab. The drug binds specifically to human α4β7 integrin, a key mediator of gastrointestinal inflammation expressed on the surfaces of T and B lymphocytes. By selectively inhibiting the binding of α4β7 integrin to the mucosal addressin cell adhesion molecule-1 (MAdCAM-1), vedolizumab prevents leukocyte binding to the endothelial surface and extravasation into affected tissue. Specifically inhibiting this pathway alleviates gastrointestinal inflammation without impairing systemic immune responses.
View a summary of all anti-vedolizumab antibodies
- Product Form
- Human IgG1 antibody (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL® phage display library and expressed in a human cell line. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- The monovalent intrinsic affinity of AbD30136_hIgG1 was measured as KD= 0.1 nM by real time, label free molecular interaction analysis on immobilized vedolizumab.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany. Entyvio is trademark of Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes and for commercial applications for the provision of in vitro testing services to support preclinical and clinical drug development. Any re-sale in any form or any other commercial application needs a written agreement with Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Vedolizumab antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- Clone AbD30136_hIgG1 can be used in a direct or indirect ELISA or as detection antibody for vedolizumab in a bridging ELISA together with (HCA292) as the capture reagent. Furthermore, it may be used as a calibrator for the set-up of an anti-drug antibody assay.
Protocol: PK bridging ELISA to measure free drug and ADA bridging ELISA.
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Hispec Assay Diluent||BUF049A||E IY||50 ml|
|Human anti Vedolizumab||HCA292||E||0.1 mg|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK002P||CJ||3 Conjugations For 400µg Antibody|
|Mouse anti Human IgG (Fc) CH2 Domain:HRP||MCA647P||C* E||0.2 mg|