Trastuzumab antibody | AbD18018_hIgG4_Pro
Human anti Trastuzumab
Anti-trastuzumab antibody is a recombinant, inhibitory, high affinity anti-idiotypic antibody in fully human immunoglobulin format (IgG4 isotype) for bioanalytical method development. It is recommended as the detection antibody in a PK bridging ELISA.
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Anti-trastuzumab antibody clone AbD18018 has been converted to human IgG4 isotype to offer assay developers increased flexibility in assay design. When used as an ELISA detection antibody, a secondary anti-human IgG4 antibody is required, which can be labeled according to the requirements of the user's preferred assay platform.
The antibody can be used to develop a pharmacokinetic (PK) bridging assay to measure free drug in preclinical research and clinical trials using patient sera. Antibody clones AbD16712 (HCA166) or AbD18141 (HCA169), both monovalent Fab format, are recommended as the capture antibody. Detection can be performed using clone AbD18018_hIgG4_Pro and an HRP conjugated anti-human IgG4 secondary antibody (MCA2098P).
This clone is also available as an IgG1 isotype in both a purified unconjugated format (HCA177) and directly conjugated to HRP (HCA177P).
Trastuzumab, also known as Herceptin®, is a drug used in the treatment of HER2 postive breast cancer and other HER2 over-expressing cancers including HER2-positive metastatic cancers of the gastrointestinal tract. Trastuzumab binds to the HER2 (or c-erbB2) proto-oncogene, an EGF receptor-like protein found on 20-30% of breast cancer cells. The binding leads to antibody mediated (complement mediated) killing of the HER2 positive cells.
View a summary of all anti-trastuzumab antibodies
- Product Form
- Human IgG4 antibody selected from the HuCAL® phage display library and expressed in a human cell line - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- The monovalent intrinsic affinity of this antibody was measured as KD=0.02 nM by real time, label-free molecular interaction analysis on immobilized trastuzumab.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes and for commercial applications for the provision of in vitro testing services to support preclinical and clinical drug development. Any re-sale in any form or any other commercial application needs a written agreement with Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Trastuzumab antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- This product may be used as a detection reagent in a sandwich ELISA together with an HRP conjugated anti human IgG4 secondary antibody (MCA2098P) and HCA169 as the capture reagent.
Protocol: In preparation.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Human IgG4:HRP||MCA2098P||C E P||0.2 mg|