Ranibizumab antibody | AbD29858
Filter by Application:E Reset
|Human Anti-Ranibizumab Antibody, clone AbD29858 is a non-inhibitory, anti-idiotypic antibody in monovalent Fab format that specifically recognizes the monoclonal antibody drug ranibizumab and ranibizumab when in complex with recombinant human vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGF-A). It does not recognize free human VEGF-A or bevacizumab. This antibody can be used to measure levels of free ranibizumab and biosimilars in patient samples.
Clone AbD29858 can be used to develop a pharmacokinetic (PK) antigen capture format assay to measure free ranibizumab that has been captured via immobilized VEGF-A.
Ranibizumab (Lucentis) is a humanized Fab fragment antibody (VH3-23/kappa1), originating from the same parental mouse antibody as bevacizumab (Avastin); it has 4 amino acid exchanges in the heavy chain and 1 amino acid exchange in the light chain compared to bevacizumab. Ranibizumab was first approved to treat wet age-related macular degeneration (AMD), a common form of age-related vision loss. It is also approved for the treatment of macular edema following retinal vein occlusion, diabetic macular edema, and diabetic retinopathy. Ranibizumab inhibits angiogenesis by binding to VEGF-A, blocking its interaction with VEGF receptors on the surface of endothelial cells, and thus preventing the subsequent growth of new blood vessels.
View a summary of all anti-ranibizumab antibodies
- Product Form
- A monovalent human recombinant Fab (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. The antibody is tagged with a DYKDDDDK tag and a HIS-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- The monovalent intrinsic affinity of AbD29858 was measured as KD=18 nM by real time, label-free molecular interaction analysis on immobilized VEGF/ranibizumab complex.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
Lucentis is a trademark of Genentech
His-tag is a trademark of EMD Biosciences.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- Clone AbD29858 can be used in a direct or indirect ELISA on ranibizumab or as a detection reagent for free ranibizumab captured via immobilized VEGF-A.
Protocol: PK antigen capture ELISA to measure free drug
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Hispec Assay Diluent||BUF049A||E IY||50 ml||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Hispec Assay Diluent|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK002P||CJ||3 Conjugations For 400µg Antibody||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit|
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes and for commercial applications for the provision of in vitro testing services to support preclinical and clinical drug development. Any re-sale in any form or any other commercial application needs a written agreement with Bio-Rad.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up