Ranibizumab antibody | AbD16746_hIgG1
Human anti Ranibizumab
Human Anti-Ranibizumab Antibody is a paratope specific, inhibitory anti-idiotypic antibody in IgG1 format that recognizes the monoclonal antibody drugs ranibizumab and bevacizumab, and their biosimilars. This antibody can be used as a control or calibrator in an anti-drug antibody assay.
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Clone AbD16746_hIgG1 is a fully human recombinant monoclonal antibody with IgG1 isotype and is suitable as a control or calibration standard in an anti-drug antibody (ADA) assay.
This antibody also recognizes the monoclonal antibody drug bevacizumab.
Ranibizumab (Lucentis) is a humanized Fab fragment antibody (VH3-23/kappa1), originating from the same parental mouse antibody as bevacizumab (Avastin); it has 4 amino acid exchanges in the heavy chain and 1 amino acid exchange in the light chain compared to bevacizumab. Ranibizumab was first approved to treat wet age-related macular degeneration (AMD), a common form of age-related vision loss. It is also approved for the treatment of macular edema following retinal vein occlusion, diabetic macular edema, and diabetic retinopathy. Ranibizumab inhibits angiogenesis by binding to VEGF-A, blocking its interaction with VEGF receptors on the surface of endothelial cells, and thus preventing the subsequent growth of new blood vessels.
View a summary of all anti-ranibizumab antibodies
- Product Form
- Human IgG1 antibody (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL® phage display library and expressed in a human cell line. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- The monovalent intrinsic affinity of AbD16746_hIgG1 was measured as KD= 2 nM by real time, label free molecular interaction analysis on immobilized bevacizumab.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
Lucentis is a trademark of Genentech.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes and for commercial applications for the provision of in vitro testing services to support preclinical and clinical drug development. Any re-sale in any form or any other commercial application needs a written agreement with Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Ranibizumab antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- Clone AbD16746_hIgG1 can be used in a direct or indirect ELISA or as a calibrator for the set-up of an anti-drug antibody assay.
Protocol: ADA bridging ELISA
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Hispec Assay Diluent||BUF049A||E IY||50 ml|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK002P||CJ||3 Conjugations For 400µg Antibody|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra