YY1 antibody | CD02/2B2
The protein YY1 is a ubiquitously-expressed zinc finger transcription factor which can act as an activator or repressor of transcription under different circumstances (Galloway et al. 2017). In addition to transcriptional regulation, YY1 is involved with cell proliferation, chromatin remodeling and apoptosis. Many targets of YY1, for example ERBB2 and p53, are involved with cancer pathogenesis (Kaufhold et al. 2016). Accordingly, YY1 is overexpressed in multiple cancer types, and overexpression is correlated with poor prognosis (Cho and Bonavida 2017). YY1 may be inhibited by siRNA, proteasome inhibitors, and a variety of other factors. Inhibition of YY1 has been suggested as a potential target in cancer (Bonavida 2017).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti YY1 detects a band of approximately 62 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human YY1 (amino acids 1 - 414)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0003713 transcription coactivator activity
- GO:0003714 transcription corepressor activity
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0010553 negative regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0010843 promoter binding
- GO:0016363 nuclear matrix
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of YY1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra