UPF1 antibody | AB03/4D5
Mouse anti UPF1
UPF1 antibody recognizes UPF1, also known as RENT1, NORF1, regulator of nonsense transcripts 1 or delta helicase.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
This gene encodes a protein that is part of a post-splicing multiprotein complex involved in both mRNA nuclear export and mRNA surveillance. mRNA surveillance detects exported mRNAs with truncated open reading frames and initiates nonsense-mediated mRNA decay (NMD). When translation ends upstream from the last exon-exon junction, this triggers NMD to degrade mRNAs containing premature stop codons. This protein is located only in the cytoplasm. When translation ends, it interacts with the protein that is a functional homolog of yeast Upf2p to trigger mRNA decapping. Use of multiple polyadenylation sites has been noted for this gene. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2014).
Mouse anti Human UPF1 antibody detects a band of 143 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti UPF1 antibody detects a band of approximately 143 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatograpy on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human UPF1 (aa 630-1129)
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- Q92900 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- UPF1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0006260 DNA replication
- GO:0000184 nuclear-transcribed mRNA catabolic process, nonsense-mediated decay
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000785 chromatin
- GO:0000932 cytoplasmic mRNA processing body
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003682 chromatin binding
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0004004 ATP-dependent RNA helicase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006281 DNA repair
- GO:0006406 mRNA export from nucleus
- GO:0006449 regulation of translational termination
- GO:0007049 cell cycle
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0071044 histone mRNA catabolic process
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of UPF1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.