Somatostatin antibody | YC7
This antibody does not cross react with enkephalins, other endorphins, substance P, or CGRP. It partially cross reacts with somatostatin fragments.
The epitope recognized by this antibody lies within the 1-14 amino acid sequence of cyclic somatostatin.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Guinea Pig Pig Mouse Zebrafish
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Tissue Culture Supernatant - liquid
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.05% Thiomersal
- Somatostatin conjugated to thyroglobulin.
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from rats immunised with somatostatin conjugated to thyroglobulin were fused with a rat myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0007268 synaptic transmission
- GO:0007584 response to nutrient
- GO:0007586 digestion
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0008628 induction of apoptosis by hormones
- For research purposes only
Applications of Somatostatin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Alk. Phos. (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR131A||C E P WB||1 ml|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Biotin (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR131B||C E IF P WB||0.5 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:Dylight®800||STAR16D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:FITC||STAR17B||F||1 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:HRP||STAR21B||C E P RE||1 mg|
|Goat F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:FITC (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR69||F||0.5 ml|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:DyLight®650 (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR71D650||F IF||0.1 mg|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Dylight®800 (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR71D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:HRP (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR72||C E P||0.5 mg|
|Goat F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:RPE (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR73||F||0.5 ml|
Product Specific References
References for Somatostatin antibody
Pidsudko, Z. et al. (2004) Distribution and chemical coding of neurons in intramural ganglia of the porcine urinary bladder trigone.
Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 42: 3-11.
Van Nassauw, L. et al. (2002) Neurochemical identification of enteric neurons expressing P2X(3) receptors in the guinea-pig ileum.
Histochem Cell Biol. 118 (3): 193-203.
Geuens, E. et al. (2003) A globin in the nucleus!
J Biol Chem. 278: 30417-20.
Kaleczyc, J. et al. (2002) Distribution, immunohistochemical characteristics and nerve pathways of primary sensory neurons supplying the porcine vas deferens.
Cell Tissue Res. 310: 9-17.
Pidsudko, Z. (2014) Immunohistochemical characteristics and distribution of sensory dorsal root Ganglia neurons supplying the urinary bladder in the male pig.
J Mol Neurosci. 52 (1): 71-81.
Hens, J. et al. (2001) Morphological and neurochemical identification of enteric neurones with mucosal projections in the human small intestine.
J Neurochem. 76: 464-71.
Hens, J. et al. (2000) Mucosal projections of enteric neurons in the porcine small intestine.
J Comp Neurol. 421: 429-36.
Rychlik, A. et al. (2002) Diarrhea-Induced Changes in Chemical Phenotypes of Enteric Structures in the Pig are not Sufficient to Discriminate between the Viral and Bacterial Etiology of the Disease.
Bull Vet Inst Pulawy 46, 187-96.
Podlasz, P. et al. (2016) Galanin regulates blood glucose level in the zebrafish: a morphological and functional study.
Histochem Cell Biol. 145 (1): 105-17.
Kaleczyc, J. et al. (2007) The distribution and chemical coding of intramural neurons supplying the porcine stomach - the study on normal pigs and on animals suffering from swine dysentery.
Anat Histol Embryol. 36 (3): 186-93.
Pidsudko, Z. et al. (2008) Distribution and chemical coding of intramural neurons in the porcine ileum during proliferative enteropathy.
J Comp Pathol. 138 (1): 23-31.
Zacharko-Siembida, A. et al. (2017) An Immunohistochemical Study of Cocaine- and Amphetamine-Regulated Transcript (Cart) Expression in the Pterygopalatine Ganglion of the Pig.
Acta Veterinaria. 67 (3): 397-408.
Palus, K. et al. (2018) Neurochemical characteristics of calbindin-like immunoreactive coeliac-cranial mesenteric ganglion complex (CCMG) neurons supplying the pre-pyloric region of the porcine stomach
Tissue and Cell. 50: 8-14.
Milstein, C. & Cuello, A.C. (1983) Hybrid hybridomas and their use in immunohistochemistry.
Nature. 305: 537-40.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra