Prostate Specific Antigen antibody | OTI1A1
Kallikreins are a subgroup of serine proteases having diverse physiological functions. Growing evidence suggests that many kallikreins are implicated in carcinogenesis and some have potential as novel cancer and other disease biomarkers. KLK3 gene is one of the fifteen kallikrein subfamily members located in a cluster on chromosome 19. A product of the KLK3 gene, PSA is a protease present in seminal plasma. It is thought to function normally in the liquefaction of seminal coagulum, presumably by hydrolysis of the high molecular mass seminal vesicle protein. Serum level of PSA, in the clinical setting, is useful in the diagnosis and monitoring of prostatic carcinoma. Alternate splicing of KLK3 generates several transcript variants encoding different isoforms (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human prostate specific antigen antibody detects a band of 29 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti prostate specific antigen detects a band of approximately 29 kDa in LNCaP cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 25-261 of human prostate specific antigen (NP_001639) produced in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004252 serine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0016525 negative regulation of angiogenesis
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Prostate Specific Antigen antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra