Progesterone Receptor antibody | UMAB137
Mouse anti Progesterone Receptor
Mouse anti human progesterone receptor antibody recognizes the progesterone receptor, also known as PGR or nuclear receptor subfamily 3 group C member 3. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Encoded by the PGR gene, the progesterone receptor is a member of the steroid receptor superfamily. This protein mediates the physiological effects of progesterone, which plays a central role in reproductive events associated with the establishment and maintenance of pregnancy. PGR uses two distinct promoters and translation start sites in the first exon to produce two isoforms, A and B. The two isoforms are identical except for the additional 165 amino acids found in the N-terminus of isoform B and mediate their own response genes and physiologic effects with little overlap (provided by RefSeq, Jan 2011).
Mouse anti Human progesterone receptor antibody detects bands of 90 and 118 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti progesterone receptor detects bands of approximately 90 and 118 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein fragment corresponding to aa 1-298 of human progesterone receptor (NP_000917) produced in E.coli
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P06401 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PGR Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0003707 steroid hormone receptor activity
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0005496 steroid binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- GO:0034339 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter by nuclear hormone receptor
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Progesterone Receptor antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.