hnRNP M antibody | OTI3F3
Encoded by the HNRNPM gene, hnRNP M belongs to the subfamily of ubiquitously expressed heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins (hnRNPs). The hnRNPs are RNA binding proteins and they complex with heterogeneous nuclear RNA (hnRNA). These proteins are associated with pre-mRNAs in the nucleus and appear to influence pre-mRNA processing and other aspects of mRNA metabolism and transport. While all of the hnRNPs are present in the nucleus, some seem to shuttle between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. The hnRNP proteins have distinct nucleic acid binding properties. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein M has three repeats of quasi-RRM domains that bind to RNAs. This protein also constitutes a monomer of the N-acetylglucosamine-specific receptor which is postulated to trigger selective recycling of immature GlcNAc-bearing thyroglobulin molecules. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants (provided by RefSeq, Aug 2011).
Mouse anti Human hnRNP M antibody detects a band of 77 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti hnRNP M detects a band of approximately 77 kDa in MOLT-4 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 1-261 of human hnRNP M (NP_112480) produced in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000166 nucleotide binding
- GO:0000380 alternative nuclear mRNA splicing, via spliceosome
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005681 spliceosomal complex
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0016363 nuclear matrix
- GO:0019904 protein domain specific binding
- GO:0042382 paraspeckles
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of hnRNP M antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|