ErbB2 antibody | 4D5-8
Human anti ErbB2 (Trastuzumab Biosimilar)
Anti-ErbB2 Antibody is a non-therapeutic biosimilar of the monoclonal antibody drug trastuzumab (Herceptin) for research use. It can be used in bioanalytical PK and ADA assays and for studying biological pathways affected by the drug.
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Human Anti-ErbB2 antibody, clone 4D5-8 is for research use only. It is suitable as a reference standard in a pharmacokinetic (PK) bridging ELISA with anti-trastuzumab antibodies, for example HCA168 and HCA167. It can also be used as capture and detection reagent in an anti-drug antibody (ADA) bridging ELISA, with an anti-trastuzumab antibody in IgG1 format as a reference standard, for example HCA176 or HCA177.
Trastuzumab, also known as Herceptin, is a drug used in the treatment of HER2 positive breast cancer and other HER2 over-expressing cancers including HER2-positive metastatic cancers of the gastrointestinal tract. Trastuzumab binds to the HER2 (or c-erbB2) proto-oncogene, an EGF receptor-like protein found on 20-30% of breast cancer cells. The binding leads to antibody mediated (complement mediated) killing of the HER2 positive cells.
This product is NOT FOR THERAPEUTIC USE.
View a summary of supporting anti-trastuzumab antibody products.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Human IgG1 (kappa) antibody - liquid
- Purified recombinant IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from a mammalian cell line
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Proclin 300
- A431 cells (human epidermoid carcinoma) (over)expressing EGFR
- >98% by SDS PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only. Research grade biosimilar. Not for use in therapeutic or diagnostic procedures for humans or animals.
- For research purposes only
Applications of ErbB2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Hispec Assay Diluent||BUF049A||E IY||50 ml|
|Human anti Trastuzumab||HCA166||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Trastuzumab||HCA167||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Trastuzumab||HCA168||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Trastuzumab||HCA169||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Trastuzumab||HCA176||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Trastuzumab:HRP||HCA176P||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Trastuzumab||HCA177||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Trastuzumab:HRP||HCA177P||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Trastuzumab (Drug/Target Complex)||HCA263||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Trastuzumab||HCA270||E||0.1 mg|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK001P||CJ||1 Conjugation For 400µg Antibody|
Product Specific References
Pivot, X. et al. (2015) Challenges in the implementation of trastuzumab biosimilars: an expert panel's recommendations.
Anticancer Drugs. 26 (10): 1009-16.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra