DDX3X antibody | AB04/4C5
DEAD box proteins, characterized by the conserved motif Asp-Glu-Ala-Asp (DEAD), are putative RNA helicases. They are implicated in a number of cellular processes involving alteration of RNA secondary structure such as translation initiation, nuclear and mitochondrial splicing, and ribosome and spliceosome assembly. Based on their distribution patterns, some members of this family are believed to be involved in embryogenesis, spermatogenesis, and cellular growth and division. DDX3X gene encodes a DEAD box protein, which interacts specifically with hepatitis C virus core protein resulting a change in intracellular location. DDX3X has a homolog located in the nonrecombining region of the Y chromosome. The protein sequence is 91% identical between DDX3X and the Y-linked homolog. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2010).
Mouse anti Human DDX3X antibody detects a band of 75 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti DDX3X detects a band of approximately 75 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human DDX3X (amino acids 1 - 200)
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- O00571 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- DDX3X Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0004004 ATP-dependent RNA helicase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0016607 nuclear speck
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of DDX3X antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.