CD59 antibody | YTH53.1
Filter by Application:F P Reset
Rat anti Human CD59
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Rat anti Human CD59 antibody, clone YTH53.1 recognizes the human CD59 cell surface antigen, also known as MAC-inhibitory protein, 1F5 antigen, 20 kDa homologous restriction factor, MEM43 antigen, membrane attack complex inhibition factor, membrane inhibitor of reactive lysis or protectin. CD59 is produced as a 103 amino acid proprotein, further processed to produce an 18-20 kDa GPI linked glycoprotein broadly expressed by human leucocytes and erythrocytes.
Mutation of the CD59 gene can result in the presentation of Hemolytic anemia, CD59-mediated, with or without polyneuropathy (HACD59) a disease characterized by infantile onset of a relapsing-remitting polyneuropathy manifest as limb muscle weakness, and hyporeflexia.
Rat anti Human CD59 antibody, clone YTH53.1 blocks the normal function of CD59 (Walsh et al. 1991).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- Human Peripheral Blood T cells.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from an immunised DA rat were fused with cells of the Y3/Ag1.2.3 rat myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Functional Assays 1|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 2||1/5||1/10|
- 1 This product contains sodium azide, removal by dialysis is recommended prior to use in functional assays.
- 2 This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Davies, A. et al. (1989) CD59, an LY-6-like protein expressed in human lymphoid cells, regulates the action of the complement membrane attack complex on homologous cells.
J Exp Med. 170 (3): 637-54.
References for CD59 antibody
Walsh, L.A. et al. (1991) Transfection of human CD59 complementary DNA into rat cells confers resistance to human complement.
Eur J Immunol. 21 (3): 847-50.
Davies, A. et al. (1995) Identification of MIC 11 antigen as an epitope of the CD59 molecule.
Immunology. 85 (2): 220-7.
Hosokawa, M. et al. (2004) Human oligodendroglial cells express low levels of C1 inhibitor and membrane cofactor protein mRNAs.
J Neuroinflammation. 1: 17.
Ajona, D. et al. (2007) Down-regulation of human complement factor H sensitizes non-small cell lung cancer cells to complement attack and reduces in vivo tumor growth.
J Immunol. 178 (9): 5991-8.
Ellison BS et al. (2007) Complement susceptibility in glutamine deprived breast cancer cells.
Cell Div. 2: 20.
Koch, N. et al. (2009) IL-10 protects monocytes and macrophages from complement-mediated lysis.
J Leukoc Biol. 86: 155-66.
Yang, P. et al. (2009) Expression and modulation of RPE cell membrane complement regulatory proteins.
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 50: 3473-81.
Zhu, C. et al. (2020) Isatuximab Acts Through Fc-Dependent, Independent, and Direct Pathways to Kill Multiple Myeloma Cells.
Front Immunol. 11: 1771.
View The Latest Product References
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up