Mouse anti AKR1C2
AKR1C2 antibody recognizes aldo-keto reductase family 1 member C2, also known as 3-alpha-HSD3, DD-2, DD/BABP, chlordecone reductase homolog HAKRD, pseudo-chlordecone reductase, or testicular 17,20-desmolase deficiency.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Encoded by the AKR1C2 gene, aldo-keto reductase family 1 member C2 is a member of the aldo/keto reductase superfamily, which consists of more than 40 known enzymes and proteins. These enzymes catalyze the conversion of aldehydes and ketones to their corresponding alcohols using NADH and/or NADPH as cofactors. The enzymes display overlapping but distinct substrate specificity. This enzyme binds bile acid with high affinity, and shows minimal 3-alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity. AKR1C2 shares high sequence identity with three other gene members and is clustered with those three genes at chromosome 10p15-p14. Three transcript variants encoding two different isoforms have been found for AKR1C2 (provided by RefSeq, Dec 2011).
Mouse anti Human AKR1C2 antibody detects a band of 36 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti AKR1C2 detects a band of approximately 36 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human AKR1C2
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P52895 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- AKR1C2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0006693 prostaglandin metabolic process
- GO:0007586 digestion
- GO:0008202 steroid metabolic process
- GO:0032052 bile acid binding
- GO:0047026 androsterone dehydrogenase (A-specific) activity
- GO:0047115 trans-1,2-dihydrobenzene-1,2-diol dehydrogenase activity
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of AKR1C2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.