14-3-3 Beta/Alpha antibody
Encoded by the YWHAB gene, 14-3-3 protein beta/alpha belonging to the 14-3-3 family of proteins, members of which mediate signal transduction by binding to phosphoserine-containing proteins. This highly conserved protein family is found in both plants and mammals. The encoded protein has been shown to interact with RAF1 and CDC25 phosphatases, suggesting that it may play a role in linking mitogenic signaling and the cell cycle machinery. Two transcript variants, which encode the same protein, have been identified for YWHAB (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human 14-3-3 protein beta/alpha antibody detects a band of 28 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti 14-3-3 beta/alpha detects a band of approximately 28 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human 14-3-3 beta/alpha
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000186 activation of MAPKK activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005813 centrosome
- GO:0007173 epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0007265 Ras protein signal transduction
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0008629 induction of apoptosis by intracellular signals
- GO:0008633 activation of pro-apoptotic gene products
- GO:0016071 mRNA metabolic process
- GO:0019904 protein domain specific binding
- GO:0035308 negative regulation of protein dephosphorylation
- GO:0042470 melanosome
- GO:0042826 histone deacetylase binding
- GO:0050815 phosphoserine binding
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0051220 cytoplasmic sequestering of protein
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of 14-3-3 Beta/Alpha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|