IgY antibody | 16C7
The duck IgY molecule, consisting of two heavy (H) and two light (L) chains, has been categorized as the 7.8S full-length IgY form and the 5.7S truncated IgY(-Fc) form. The IgY(-Fc) molecule possesses the H chain Cu1 and Cu2 constant domains, but is lacking the Cu3 and Cu4 constant region terminal domains, all four of which are present in the full-length IgY molecule. Thus the structure of the IgY(-Fc) molecule resembles that of a F(ab′)2 fragment of IgY.
Mouse anti Duck IgY antibody, clone 16C7 also detects IgY heavy chain in Mallard ducks, goose and swan.
Mouse anti Duck IgY antibody, clone 16C7 detects bands of approximately 118 kDa and 178-200 kDa in Pekin duck cell lysates under non-reducing conditions in Western blotting.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Chicken Goose
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified Pekin duck yolk IgY.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the SP2/0 mouse myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- For research purposes only
Applications of IgY antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):FITC (Multi Species Adsorbed)||STAR117F||F||0.5 mg|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP (Multi Species Adsorbed)||STAR117P||E WB||0.5 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Mouse IgG:HRP (Human Adsorbed)||STAR13B||C E P RE WB||1 mg|