IgY antibody | 16C7
The duck IgY molecule, consisting of two heavy (H) and two light (L) chains, has been categorized as the 7.8S full-length IgY form and the 5.7S truncated IgY(-Fc) form. The IgY(-Fc) molecule possesses the H chain Cu1 and Cu2 constant domains, but is lacking the Cu3 and Cu4 constant region terminal domains, all four of which are present in the full-length IgY molecule. Thus the structure of the IgY(-Fc) molecule resembles that of a F(ab′)2 fragment of IgY.
Mouse anti Duck IgY antibody, clone 16C7 also detects IgY heavy chain in Mallard ducks, goose and swan.
Mouse anti Duck IgY antibody, clone 16C7 detects bands of approximately 118 kDa and 178-200 kDa in Pekin duck cell lysates under non-reducing conditions in Western blotting.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Chicken Goose
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified Pekin duck yolk IgY.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the SP2/0 mouse myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
Applications of IgY antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):FITC (Multi Species Adsorbed)||STAR117F||F||0.5 mg|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP (Multi Species Adsorbed)||STAR117P||C E WB||0.5 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Mouse IgG:HRP (Human Adsorbed)||STAR13B||C E P RE WB||1 mg|
Product Specific References
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra