Mouse anti Bovine CD14, clone CAM36A
, recognizes bovine CD14. CD14 is a co-receptor for bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and mediates the innate immune response. It is expressed at high levels on the surface of circulating monocytes, macrophages but also on bovine polymorphonuclear neutrophil leukocytes (PMN). Additionally, in cattle the soluble form of CD14 can be found present in the serum and milk (Sohn et al. 2004
). CD14 signals through TLR4, MyD88, TIRAP and TRAF6 activating NFkB and eliciting the inflammatory response.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Concentrated tissue culture supernatant - liquid
- Concentrated tissue culture supernatant clarified by filtration through a 0.2 micrometer filter
- Buffer Solution
- Serum free tissue culture medium containing proprietary protein free supplement
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Activated goat lymphocytes
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
anchored to membrane
innate immune response
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD14 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for CD14 antibody
Ahn J.S. et al. (2002) Scavenger receptor cysteine-rich domains 9 and 11 of WC1 are receptors for the WC1 counter receptor.
J Leukoc Biol. 72 (2): 382-90.
Zhang, Y. et al. (2001) Induction of interleukin-6 and interleukin-12 in bovine B lymphocytes, monocytes, and macrophages by a CpG oligodeoxynucleotide (ODN 2059) containing the GTCGTT motif.
J Interferon Cytokine Res. 21 (10): 871-81.