Cetuximab antibody | AbD19815_hIgG1
Human anti Cetuximab
Anti-cetuximab antibody is a recombinant, neutralizing anti-idiotypic antibody in fully human IgG1 format, suitable for bioanalytical method development for cetuximab and biosimilars. It can be used as detection antibody in ELISA and as a lower affinity reference standard in an ADA bridging ELISA.
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Human anti Cetuximab, clone AbD19815_hIgG1 is a fully human antibody and is particularly suited as a calibrator for immune response assays to measure the anti-drug antibody (ADA) levels in patient sera.
Cetuximab (brand name Erbitux®) is a chimeric monoclonal antibody drug (IgG1/kappa) approved for treatment of KRAS wild-type metastatic colorectal cancers and squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. This therapeutic antibody is directed against EGFR and inhibits tumor cell proliferation by blocking the interaction of epidermal growth factor (EGF) with its receptor.
View a summary of all anti cetuximab antibodies.
- Product Form
- Human IgG1 antibody (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL® phage display library and expressed in a human cell line. This product is supplied as a liquid.
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- The monovalent intrinsic affinity of this antibody was measured as KD = 10.5 nM by real time, label free molecular interaction analysis on immobilized cetuximab.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes and for commercial applications for the provision of in vitro testing services to support preclinical and clinical drug development. Any re-sale in any form or any other commercial application needs a written agreement with Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cetuximab antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Hispec Assay Diluent||BUF049A||E IY||50 ml|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK002P||CJ||3 Conjugations For 400µg Antibody|
Product Specific References
Gomez, D. et al. (2013) Cetuximab therapy in the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer: the future frontier?
Int J Surg. 11 (7): 507-13.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra