CCT eta antibody | PK/16/8/a
The intact CCT complex is composed of eight polypeptides in a double-ring structure. CCT is important within cells in aiding the folding of proteins including actin, tubulin and the VHL tumour suppressor protein.
Rat anti CCTeta antibody, clone PK/16/8/a detects a band of ~60 kDa in HeLa cell lysates using western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Human Bovine Rabbit
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0051082 unfolded protein binding
- GO:0006457 protein folding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- For research purposes only
Applications of CCT eta antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/100|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human prostate.
- Western Blotting
- MCA2179 detects a band of approximately 60kD in Hela cell lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Alk. Phos. (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR131A||C E P WB||1 ml|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Biotin (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR131B||C E IF P WB||0.5 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:Dylight®800||STAR16D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:FITC||STAR17B||F||1 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:HRP||STAR21B||C E P RE||1 mg|
|Goat F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:FITC (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR69||F||0.5 ml|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Dylight®800 (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR71D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:HRP (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR72||C E P||0.5 mg|
|Goat F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:RPE (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR73||F||0.5 ml|
Product Specific References
References for CCT eta antibody
Satish, L. et al. (2010) Cloning and expression of rabbit CCT subunits eta and beta in healing cutaneous wounds.
Cell Stress Chaperones. 15 (6): 819-26.
Hynes, G. et al. (1996) Analysis of chaperonin-containing TCP-1 subunits in the human keratinocyte two-dimensional protein database: further characterisation of antibodies to individual subunits.
Electrophoresis. 17 (11): 1720-7.
Satish L et al. (2011) Chaperonin containing T-complex polypeptide (CCT) subunit expression in oral mucosal wounds and fibroblasts.
Cell Stress Chaperones. 16 (6): 675-80.
Hynes, G.M. & Willison, K.R. (2000) Individual subunits of the eukaryotic cytosolic chaperonin mediate interactions with binding sites located on subdomains of beta-actin.
J Biol Chem. 275 (25): 18985-94.
Satish, L. et al. (2010) Chaperonin containing T-complex polypeptide subunit eta (CCT-eta) is a specific regulator of fibroblast motility and contractility.
PLoS One. 5(4):e10063.
Satish L et al. (2013) Increased CCT-eta expression is a marker of latent and active disease and a modulator of fibroblast contractility in Dupuytren's contracture.
Cell Stress Chaperones. 18 (4): 397-404.
Llorca, O. et al. (2000) Eukaryotic chaperonin CCT stabilizes actin and tubulin folding intermediates in open quasi-native conformations.
EMBO J. 19 (22): 5971-9.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra