BrdU antibody | AbD33761kg
Filter by Application:F IC Reset
Human anti BrdU
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Human anti BrdU antibody, clone AbD33761kg recognizes bromodeoxyuridine (known as BrdU or BrdUrd). BrdU is a synthetic thymidine analogue, which is incorporated into the newly synthesized DNA during replication instead of thymidine.
Antibody detection of incorporated BrdU in cellular DNA is extensively referenced as an accurate method to monitor cell proliferation in vivo and in vitro. In cell proliferation assays BrdU staining is coupled with the use of a dye that binds total DNA such as propidium iodide (PI). BrdU can be administered diluted in the culture medium or, in vivo via intraperitoneal injection, subcutaneous osmotic pump implants (Tesfaiqzi et al. 2004) or in drinking water (Moser et al. 2004).
BrdU can be used as a thymidine analogue in a wide range of organisms ranging from mammalian cells, through reptiles and amphibians to invertebrate species and plants.
Human anti BrdU antibody, clone AbD33761kg, has been tested in flow cytometry. Anti rabbit IgG specific antibodies are recommended as secondary detection reagents.
In some experiments clone AbD33761kg has shown weak cross reactivity to IdU.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Recombinant chimeric human/rabbit IgG antibody selected from the HuCAL phage display library and expressed in a human cell line. In this antibody, the VH-CH1 regions and light chains are human while the Fc region is derived from rabbit IgG. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes and for commercial applications for the provision of in vitro testing services to support preclinical and clinical drug development. Any re-sale in any form or any other commercial application needs a written agreement with Bio-Rad.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up