BrdU antibody | AbD33758kg
Antibody detection of incorporated BrdU in cellular DNA is extensively referenced as an accurate method to monitor cell proliferation in vivo and in vitro. In cell proliferation assays BrdU staining is coupled with the use of a dye that binds total DNA such as propidium iodide (PI). BrdU can be administered diluted in the culture medium or, in vivo via intraperitoneal injection, subcutaneous osmotic pump implants (Tesfaiqzi et al. 2004) or in drinking water (Moser et al. 2004).
BrdU can be used as a thymidine analogue in a wide range of organisms ranging from mammalian cells, through reptiles and amphibians to invertebrate species and plants.
Human anti BrdU antibody, clone AbD33758kg, has been tested in flow cytometry and immunofluorescence. Anti rabbit IgG specific antibodies are recommended as secondary detection reagents.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Recombinant chimeric human/rabbit IgG antibody selected from the HuCAL® phage display library and expressed in a human cell line. In this antibody, the VH-CH1 regions and light chains are human while the Fc region is derived from rabbit IgG. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes and for commercial applications for the provision of in vitro testing services to support preclinical and clinical drug development. Any re-sale in any form or any other commercial application needs a written agreement with Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of BrdU antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra