Dengue Virus Type 2 NS1 Antigen
Dengue virus is common mosquito-borne infection and a major cause of morbidity in tropical and subtropical regions. There is currently no vaccine to prevent, or effective anti-viral drugs to treat, dengue virus infection. In many cases infection is assymptomatic and the majority of individuals who get ill only suffer the mild, non-specific febrile symptoms characteristic of dengue fever (DF). Only a minority of infections result in severe disease, manifesting as dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF) or dengue shock syndrome (DSS). Dengue virus infection gives lifelong immunity to the serotype in question but subsequent infection with another serotype may increase the likelihood of severe disease.
The NS1 glycoprotein is essential for viral replication and viability, and since this protein is secreted into the bloodstream, tests have been developed to diagnose DENV infections using NS1, including antigen-capture ELISA, lateral flow antigen detection, and the measurement of NS1-specific IgM and IgG responses (Guzman, M.G. et al. 2010).
Recombinant DENV2 NS1 antigen is presented in its native folded state complete with post-translational modifications, delivering optimal antigenicity and making it suitable for use in vaccine research and serology-based assays.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein with a C-terminal 6 x His-tag - liquid
- Recombinant dengue virus serotype 2 NS1 protein, sequence strain Thailand/16681/84, expressed in 293 human cells
- Buffer Solution
- Dulbecco's phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >95% by SDS PAGE analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Pack Size: 100 µgCurrent, batch-specific concentration 1.01 mg/mlPack Size: 500 µgCurrent, batch-specific concentration 2.0 mg/ml
- Store at -70oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Dengue Virus Type 2 NS1 Antigen
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Product Specific References
Guzman, M.G. et al. (2010) Dengue: a continuing global threat.
Nat Rev Microbiol. 8 (12 Suppl): S7-16.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra