Along with sRANKL/CD254/OPGL, M-CSF is essential for osteoclastogenesis, acting through the tyrosine kinase receptor c-fms (colony stimulating factor 1 receptor). A genetic defect in M-CSF is responsible for osteopetrosis in mice (op/op), which are severely deficient in mature macrophages and have a restricted capacity for bone remodeling.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 100 ul distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant M-CSF expressed in E.coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- The ED50 was determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of murine M-NFS-60 cells is < 1.0 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of > 1 x 106 units/mg.
- %98 by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 36.4 kDa (156 amino acid homodimer)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0001954 positive regulation of cell-matrix adhesion
- GO:0003006 developmental process involved in reproduction
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005157 macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0030278 regulation of ossification
- GO:0030335 positive regulation of cell migration
- GO:0040018 positive regulation of multicellular organism growth
- GO:0042488 positive regulation of odontogenesis of dentine-containing tooth
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043235 receptor complex
- GO:0045651 positive regulation of macrophage differentiation
- GO:0045657 positive regulation of monocyte differentiation
- GO:0045672 positive regulation of osteoclast differentiation
- GO:0045860 positive regulation of protein kinase activity
- GO:0046579 positive regulation of Ras protein signal transduction
- GO:0048873 homeostasis of number of cells within a tissue
- GO:0060444 branching involved in mammary gland duct morphogenesis
- GO:0060611 mammary gland fat development
- GO:0060763 mammary duct terminal end bud growth
- For research purposes only
Applications of M-CSF
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra