|M-CSF (macrophage colony-stimulating factor) is a potent lineage restricted hematopoietic growth factor and member of the CSF family of hormone-like glycoproteins, which plays a key role in the regulation of cellular differentiation, proliferation, and the survival of blood monocytes, tissue macrophages and their progenitor cells.
Along with sRANKL/CD254/OPGL, M-CSF is essential for osteoclastogenesis, acting through the tyrosine kinase receptor c-fms (colony stimulating factor 1 receptor). A genetic defect in M-CSF is responsible for osteopetrosis in mice (op/op), which are severely deficient in mature macrophages and have a restricted capacity for bone remodeling.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 100 ul distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant M-CSF expressed in E.coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- The ED50 was determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of murine M-NFS-60 cells is < 1.0 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of > 1 x 106 units/mg.
- %98 by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 36.4 kDa (156 amino acid homodimer)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Macrophage COLONY-STIMULATING Factor
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0001954 positive regulation of cell-matrix adhesion
- GO:0003006 developmental process involved in reproduction
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005157 macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0030278 regulation of ossification
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0030335 positive regulation of cell migration
- GO:0040018 positive regulation of multicellular organism growth
- GO:0042488 positive regulation of odontogenesis of dentine-containing tooth
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043235 receptor complex
- GO:0045651 positive regulation of macrophage differentiation
- GO:0045657 positive regulation of monocyte differentiation
- GO:0045672 positive regulation of osteoclast differentiation
- GO:0045860 positive regulation of protein kinase activity
- GO:0046579 positive regulation of Ras protein signal transduction
- GO:0048873 homeostasis of number of cells within a tissue
- GO:0060444 branching involved in mammary gland duct morphogenesis
- GO:0060611 mammary gland fat development
- GO:0060763 mammary duct terminal end bud growth
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up