|Interleukin-2 (IL-2) is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor which primarily acts on T-cells.|
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.2ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant protein expressed in E.coli
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM Sodium Citrate pH4.0
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- 5 x 106 Units/mg
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 17.2 kDa (149 amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Functional Assays||0.1||1.0 ng/ml|
|Western Blotting||1.5||3.0 ng/lane|
References for IL-2
Bénéteau, M. et al. (2012) Combination of glycolysis inhibition with chemotherapy results in an antitumor immune response.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 109: 20071-6.
Weigelin, B. et al. (2021) Cytotoxic T cells are able to efficiently eliminate cancer cells by additive cytotoxicity.
Nat Commun. 12 (1): 5217.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005134 interleukin-2 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0042104 positive regulation of activated T cell proliferation
- GO:0042523 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat5 protein
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0046013 regulation of T cell homeostatic proliferation
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0048304 positive regulation of isotype switching to IgG isotypes
- GO:0050672 negative regulation of lymphocyte proliferation
- GO:0050728 negative regulation of inflammatory response
- GO:0051024 positive regulation of immunoglobulin secretion
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up