Interleukin-2 (IL-2) is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor which primarily acts on T-cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.2ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant protein expressed in E.coli
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM Sodium Citrate pH4.0
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- 5 x 106 Units/mg
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 17.2 kDa (149 amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
interleukin-2 receptor binding
growth factor activity
positive regulation of activated T cell proliferation
positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat5 protein
positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
regulation of T cell homeostatic proliferation
positive regulation of isotype switching to IgG isotypes
negative regulation of lymphocyte proliferation
negative regulation of inflammatory response
positive regulation of immunoglobulin secretion
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This product may be used as a standard in ELISA applications either AAM35 or AAM35B.
- Western Blotting
- This product may be used as the positive control in Western Blotting applications either AAM35 or AAM35B.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for IL-2
Bénéteau, M. et al. (2012) Combination of glycolysis inhibition with chemotherapy results in an antitumor immune response.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 109: 20071-6.