Human IgG4 | AbD18705_hIgG4
AbD18705_hIgG4 is specific for green fluorescent protein (GFP) and has no known reactivity with mammalian proteins or other antigens. This product is recommended for use as a standard in assays designed to measure IgG4 levels, or as a control antibody when using other human antibodies of the same isotype and subclass.
In addition to the tetrameric IgG structure, composed of two copies each of the heavy and light chains, human IgG4 forms so-called half-molecules. This species contains only one heavy and one light chain. Half-molecules can assemble with an unrelated half-molecule to form bispecific tetrameric antibody species (Aalberse et al. 2002). Half-molecules of human IgG4 preparations can be detected as an additional species under denaturing, non-reducing conditions using SDS-PAGE, size exclusion chromatography or capillary electrophoresis.
Mutation in the core hinge region of IgG4 prevents the formation of half-molecules (Bloom et al. 1997). In addition to the wild type recombinant, Bio-Rad also offers recombinant Human IgG4 kappa in its mutated form (HCA247). Recombinant Human IgG4 lambda is also available in both wild type (HCA050) and mutant form (HCA246).
- Product Form
- Human IgG4 antibody selected from the HuCAL® phage display library and expressed in a human cell line. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Green fluorescent protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Pack Size: 0.1 mgAntibody concentration 0.5 mg/mlPack Size: 1 mgAntibody concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003823 antigen binding
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0005624 membrane fraction
- GO:0006955 immune response
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Human IgG4
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Recombinant Human IgG4 Lambda||HCA050||E||0.1 mg|
|Recombinant Human IgG4 Lambda (Mutant)||HCA246||E||0.1 mg|
|Recombinant Human IgG4 Kappa (Mutant)||HCA247||E||0.1 mg|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra