Human IgG4 | AbD00264_hIgG4
Clone AbD00264_hIgG4 is specific for green fluorescent protein (GFP) and has no known reactivity with mammalian proteins or other antigens. This product is recommended for use as a standard in assays designed to measure IgG4 levels, or as a control antibody when using other human antibodies of the same isotype and subclass.
In addition to the tetrameric IgG structure, composed of two copies each of the heavy and light chains, human IgG4 forms so-called half-molecules. This species contains only one heavy and one light chain. Half-molecules can assemble with an unrelated half-molecule to form bispecific tetrameric antibody species (Aalberse et al. 2002). Half-molecules of human IgG4 preparations can be detected as an additional species under denaturing, non-reducing conditions using SDS-PAGE, size exclusion chromatography or capillary electrophoresis.
Mutation in the core hinge region of IgG4 prevents the formation of half-molecules (Bloom et al. 1997). In addition to the wild type recombinant, Bio-Rad also offers recombinant Human IgG4 lambda in its mutated form (HCA246). Recombinant Human IgG4 kappa is also available in both wild type (HCA195) and mutant form (HCA247).
- Product Form
- Human IgG4 antibody selected from the HuCAL GOLD phage display library and expressed in a human cell line, HKB-11 - liquid.
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Green fluorescent protein
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003823 antigen binding
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005624 membrane fraction
- GO:0006955 immune response
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Human IgG4
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Human IgG F(ab')2:HRP||0500-0099||E WB||0.5 ml|
|Mouse anti Human IgG (Fc) CH2 Domain:HRP||MCA647P||C* E||0.2 mg|