Native Bovine Ubiquitin
- Product Type
- Purified Protein
|Ubiquitin is a protein modifier that is covalently linked to target lysines and functions in protein degradation.|
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein from bovine erythrocytes - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 25 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >98% by SDS PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- 9400-1502 may be used as a standard in an indirect ELISA with 9400-0409G.
References for Ubiquitin
Wilkinson, K.D. & Audhya, T.K. (1981) Stimulation of ATP-dependent proteolysis requires ubiquitin with the COOH-terminal sequence Arg-Gly-Gly.
J Biol Chem. 256 (17): 9235-41.
Levinger, L. & Varshavsky, A. (1982) Selective arrangement of ubiquitinated and D1 protein-containing nucleosomes within the Drosophila genome.
Cell. 28 (2): 375-85.
Yang, C.S. et al. (2017) Ubiquitin Modification by the E3 Ligase/ADP-Ribosyltransferase Dtx3L/Parp9.
Mol Cell. 66 (4): 503-516.e5.
Ciechanover, A. et al. (1984) The ubiquitin-mediated proteolytic pathway and mechanisms of energy-dependent intracellular protein degradation.
J Cell Biochem. 24 (1): 27-53.
Haas, A.L. & Bright, P.M. (1985) The immunochemical detection and quantitation of intracellular ubiquitin-protein conjugates.
J Biol Chem. 260 (23): 12464-73.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up