IGF-I is a secreted mitogenic polypeptide and member of the insulin gene family, produced primarily by the liver, which effects a wide range of cells and plays a key role in cell proliferation and growth, inhibition of apoptosis, and is linked with tumor cell growth.
IGF-I signals by binding to the type 1 insulin-like growth factor receptor (IGF-IR) and also to the insulin receptor (IR), resulting in the activation of the AKT signaling pathway. IGF-I production is stimulated by growth hormone (GH) and can be hindered by GH insensitivity, deficiency in GH receptors or a malfunction in the post GH receptor signalling pathway.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 20 μl sterile PBS containing 0.1% carrier protein
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant protein expressed in Pichia pastoris and purified by ion-exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 10% Trehalose
- >95% by SDS PAGE analysis
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 7.6 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0046326 positive regulation of glucose import
- GO:0045725 positive regulation of glycogen biosynthetic process
- For research purposes only
Applications of IGF-I
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra