Hyaluronidase catalyzes the depolymerization of mucopolysaccharides, hyaluronic acid, and the chondroitin sulfates A and C. The enzyme is widely distributed in animal tissues but is found in great concentrations in the bovine and ovine testes.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified enzyme from bovine testes - liquid
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- 315 U/mg protein
1 unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that liberates one micromole of N-acetylglucosamine per minute at 37ºC and pH 4.0.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.2 g/ml
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 55 kDa
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Q8SQG8 Related reagents
- Q5E985 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- HYAL1 Related reagents
- HYAL2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005764 lysosome
- GO:0004415 hyalurononglucosaminidase activity
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005975 carbohydrate metabolic process
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0004872 receptor activity
- GO:0031225 anchored to membrane
- For research purposes only
Applications of Hyaluronidase
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)