Calmodulin is a ubiquitous 16.6 kDa protein found in all eukaryote cells that is involved with the control of a large number of calcium sensitive enzymes. It can bind to and regulate a number of different protein targets, thereby affecting many different cellular functions.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified calmodulin from bovine brain - lyophilized
- Reconstitute to a concentration of 0.1 - 1.0 mg/ml in distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified by ion-exchange chromatography followed by gel-filtration
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 2 mM EDTA.
- More than 40,000 units per 1 mg of protein.One unit will stimulate 0.016 activated units of phosphodiesterase, 3'5'-cyclic nucleotide, P 0520, to 50% of the maximum activity of the enzyme when saturated with activator.
- > 95%. Determined by SDS-PAGE.
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of reconstitution
- P62157 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CALM Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000922 spindle pole
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0010880 regulation of release of sequestered calcium ion into cytosol by sarcoplasmic reticulum
- GO:0060315 negative regulation of ryanodine-sensitive calcium-release channel activity
- GO:0060316 positive regulation of ryanodine-sensitive calcium-release channel activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of Calmodulin
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)