Calmodulin is a ubiquitous 16.6 kDa protein found in all eukaryote cells that is involved with the control of a large number of calcium sensitive enzymes. It can bind to and regulate a number of different protein targets, thereby affecting many different cellular functions.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified calmodulin from bovine brain - lyophilized
- Reconstitute to a concentration of 0.1 - 1.0 mg/ml in distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified by ion-exchange chromatography followed by gel-filtration
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 2 mM EDTA.
- More than 40,000 units per 1 mg of protein.One unit will stimulate 0.016 activated units of phosphodiesterase, 3'5'-cyclic nucleotide, P 0520, to 50% of the maximum activity of the enzyme when saturated with activator.
- > 95%. Determined by SDS-PAGE.
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
calcium ion binding
regulation of release of sequestered calcium ion into cytosol by sarcoplasmic reticulum
negative regulation of ryanodine-sensitive calcium-release channel activity
positive regulation of ryanodine-sensitive calcium-release channel activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Calmodulin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra