Rabbit anti West Nile Virus antibody recognizes the ~14 kDa core protein of West Nile Virus (WNV). WNV belongs to the Flaviviridae family which includes closely viruses such as Dengue fever, Yellow fever and Tick borne encephalitis.
West Nile Virus particles consist of a dense core made up of the core/capsid protein encapsulating the RNA genome surrounded by a membrane envelope containing envelope and matrix proteins. Research indicates that the viral core protein contributes to the WNV-associated inflammation via apoptosis induced though the caspase-9 pathway.
West Nile Virus is spread by mosquitos and is believed to have originated in the West Nile region of Africa but has now spread to Europe, Asia and America where it has become a significant disease affecting human and domestic animal health.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human West Nile Virus core protein was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide corresponding to an 15 amino acid sequence from near the carboxy terminus of West Nile Virus core protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
RNA helicase activity
double-stranded RNA binding
serine-type endopeptidase activity
RNA-directed RNA polymerase activity
integral to membrane
mRNA (guanine-N7-)-methyltransferase activity
mRNA (nucleoside-2'-O-)-methyltransferase activity
structural molecule activity
metal ion binding
viral genome replication
evasion by virus of host immune response
host cell nucleus
host cell endoplasmic reticulum membrane
regulation of transcription
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of WNV antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1666 detects a band of approximately 14kDa in Transfected HeLa cell lysate
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra