Sheep anti Rotavirus antibody recognizes human rotavirus serotypes I, II, III, IV and VIII.
Rotaviruses are RNA viruses from the family Reoviridae that are the the most common cause of gastroenteritis in infants. The nucleic acid is contained in a triple layered protein capsid consisting of outer capsid proteins, VP4 and VP7. Immunization was performed with live Rotavirus serotypes to avoid the risk of surface protein damage (VP7 and VP4).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Five serotypes of group A Rotavirus strains Wa (serotype I), DS-1 (serotype II), Ito (III), HOCHI (IV) and 69M (VIII).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 5.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Rotavirus antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra