Tyrosine Hydroxylase (pSer40) antibody
Tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) catalyzes the rate-limiting step in the biosynthetic pathway of the catecholamines dopamine (DA), norepinephrine, and epinephrine. The enzyme exists as a tetramer, with each subunit composed of an N-terminal regulatory domain and a C-terminal catalytic domain.
Phosphorylation of TH has been shown to occur at several serine residues. Phosphorylation at serine 40 results in an increase in hydroxylase activity, and phosphorylation at serine 19 is reported to promote phosphorylation of the serine 40 residue (Dunkley et al. 2004).
Tyrosine hydroxylase is regularly used as a marker for dopaminergic neurons, which is particularly relevant for research into Parkinson’s disease (Pearson et al 1979).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Expected from Sequence Human Expected from Sequence Pig Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to phosphorylated tyrosine hydroxylase were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM HEPES pH7.5
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide 0.01% Bovine Serum Albumin 50% Glycerol
- Synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to an amino acid sequence within Tyrosine Hydroxylase which includes the phosphorylated residue Ser 40.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0042136 neurotransmitter biosynthetic process
- GO:0001666 response to hypoxia
- GO:0001963 synaptic transmission, dopaminergic
- GO:0003007 heart morphogenesis
- GO:0004511 tyrosine 3-monooxygenase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005790 smooth endoplasmic reticulum
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0006585 dopamine biosynthetic process from tyrosine
- GO:0007269 neurotransmitter secretion
- GO:0007601 visual perception
- GO:0007612 learning
- GO:0007613 memory
- GO:0007626 locomotory behavior
- GO:0008016 regulation of heart contraction
- GO:0009898 internal side of plasma membrane
- GO:0033162 melanosome membrane
- GO:0042418 epinephrine biosynthetic process
- GO:0042421 norepinephrine biosynthetic process
- GO:0042446 hormone biosynthetic process
- GO:0042462 eye photoreceptor cell development
- GO:0043204 perikaryon
- GO:0043473 pigmentation
- GO:0045471 response to ethanol
- GO:0048596 embryonic camera-type eye morphogenesis
- For research purposes only
Applications of Tyrosine Hydroxylase (pSer40) antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/1000|
- Western Blotting
- AHP912 detects a band of approximately 60kDa in PC-12 cell lysates, following stimulation by Okadaic acid.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||F||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||C E WB||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||C F||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||F||1 ml|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for Tyrosine Hydroxylase (pSer40) antibody
Xiao, M.F. et al. (2009) Neural cell adhesion molecule modulates dopaminergic signaling and behavior by regulating dopamine D2 receptor internalization.
J Neurosci. 29 (47): 14752-63.
Haycock, J.W. (1990) Phosphorylation of tyrosine hydroxylase in situ at serine 8, 19, 31, and 40.
J Biol Chem. 265 (20): 11682-91.
Hoard, J.L. et al. (2008) Cholinergic neurons of mouse intrinsic cardiac ganglia contain noradrenergic enzymes, norepinephrine transporters, and the neurotrophin receptors tropomyosin-related kinase A and p75.
Neuroscience. 156 (1): 129-42.
Li, S. et al. (2013) The neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM) associates with and signals through p21-activated kinase 1 (Pak1).
J Neurosci. 33 (2): 790-803.
Bevilaqua, L.R. et al. (2001) Phosphorylation of Ser(19) alters the conformation of tyrosine hydroxylase to increase the rate of phosphorylation of Ser(40).
J Biol Chem. 276 (44): 40411-6.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra