Nmdar NR2B (pTyr1252) antibody
Receptors for NMDA belong to a group of ionotropic glutamate receptors which play a key role in the mediation of glutamate neurotransmission within the mammalian central nervous system (CNS), including involvement in memory and learning processes. Several antagonists and agonists of NMDA receptors (NMDAR) have been identified, including the glutamate analogue Homoquinolinic acid, which displays a higher affinity for NR2B-containing NMDAR. Properties of NMDAR include modulation by glycine, inhibition by Zn2+, voltage-dependent Mg2+ blockade and high Ca2+ permeability.
The involvement of NMDAR in the CNS implicated in neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's (Popke 2003) and also epilepsy and ischemic neuronal cell death.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Human Expected from Sequence Mouse Expected from Sequence Dog Expected from Sequence Bovine Expected from Sequence Chicken Expected from Sequence Zebrafish Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to rat NMDAR NR2B subunit pTyr1252 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- 10 mM Hepes pH7.5
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 50% Glycerol 0.01% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Phosphopeptide corresponding to smino acid residues surrounding the phosphorylated tyrosine 1252 of the NR2B subunit of rat NMDA receptor.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001508 regulation of action potential
- GO:0001975 response to amphetamine
- GO:0050839 cell adhesion molecule binding
- GO:0004972 N-methyl-D-aspartate selective glutamate receptor activity
- GO:0005234 extracellular-glutamate-gated ion channel activity
- GO:0007616 long-term memory
- GO:0008013 beta-catenin binding
- GO:0008144 drug binding
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0008306 associative learning
- GO:0051707 response to other organism
- GO:0009743 response to carbohydrate stimulus
- GO:0010350 cellular response to magnesium starvation
- GO:0010942 positive regulation of cell death
- GO:0014049 positive regulation of glutamate secretion
- GO:0014069 postsynaptic density
- GO:0016600 flotillin complex
- GO:0017146 N-methyl-D-aspartate selective glutamate receptor complex
- GO:0021766 hippocampus development
- GO:0021987 cerebral cortex development
- GO:0030018 Z disc
- GO:0030054 cell junction
- GO:0030288 outer membrane-bounded periplasmic space
- GO:0031749 D2 dopamine receptor binding
- GO:0032026 response to magnesium ion
- GO:0034097 response to cytokine stimulus
- GO:0035235 ionotropic glutamate receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0035255 ionotropic glutamate receptor binding
- GO:0042165 neurotransmitter binding
- GO:0042220 response to cocaine
- GO:0042734 presynaptic membrane
- GO:0043083 synaptic cleft
- GO:0043113 receptor clustering
- GO:0043195 terminal button
- GO:0043197 dendritic spine
- GO:0043408 regulation of MAPKKK cascade
- GO:0045211 postsynaptic membrane
- GO:0045471 response to ethanol
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0048169 regulation of long-term neuronal synaptic plasticity
- GO:0048511 rhythmic process
- GO:0050806 positive regulation of synaptic transmission
- GO:0051592 response to calcium ion
- GO:0051597 response to methylmercury
- GO:0051602 response to electrical stimulus
- GO:0060416 response to growth hormone stimulus
- GO:0060992 response to fungicide
- GO:0071230 cellular response to amino acid stimulus
- GO:0071287 cellular response to manganese ion
- GO:0071359 cellular response to dsRNA
- GO:0071363 cellular response to growth factor stimulus
- GO:0071396 cellular response to lipid
- GO:0071407 cellular response to organic cyclic compound
- GO:0071445 cellular response to protein stimulus
- For research purposes only
Applications of Nmdar NR2B (pTyr1252) antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- AHP1235 detects a band/s of approximately 180kDa in rat hippocampal cell lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||F||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||C E WB||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||C F||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||F||1 ml|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for Nmdar NR2B (pTyr1252) antibody
Ishii, T. et al. (1993) Molecular characterization of the family of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunits.
J Biol Chem. 268 (4): 2836-43.
Takasu, M.A. et al. (2002) Modulation of NMDA receptor-dependent calcium influx and gene expression through EphB receptors.
Science. 295 (5554): 491-5.
Rosenblum, K. et al. (1996) Long-term potentiation increases tyrosine phosphorylation of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit 2B in rat dentate gyrus in vivo.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 93 (19): 10457-60.
Popke, E.J. (2003) From anticholinesterase toxicity to Alzheimer's disease: important interactions of cholinergic and NMDA receptor systems.
Toxicol Sci. 72 (2): 185-7.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra