GluR1 (pSer831) antibody
GluR1, widely expressed throughout the nervous system is a component of AMPA receptors (alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxalone propionic acid receptors), which play a key role at excitatory synapses.
Phosphorylation of Ser831 and Ser845 is reported to potentiate GluR1 function, suggesting a possible role in synaptic plasticity, learning and memory.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Expected from Sequence Dog Expected from Sequence Human Expected from Sequence Chicken Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to phosphorylated GluR1 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by sequential affinity chromatography on phospho- and dephosphopeptide affinity columns.
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM HEPES pH7.5
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide 0.01% Bovine Serum Albumin 50% Glycerol
- Synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acid sequence within GluR1 which includes the phosphorylated residue Ser831.
- Store at +4oC or -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001919 regulation of receptor recycling
- GO:0001965 G-protein alpha-subunit binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004970 ionotropic glutamate receptor activity
- GO:0051018 protein kinase A binding
- GO:0005234 extracellular-glutamate-gated ion channel activity
- GO:0005769 early endosome
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0007616 long-term memory
- GO:0008179 adenylate cyclase binding
- GO:0008328 ionotropic glutamate receptor complex
- GO:0042493 response to drug
- GO:0010226 response to lithium ion
- GO:0014069 postsynaptic density
- GO:0046685 response to arsenic-containing substance
- GO:0019228 regulation of action potential in neuron
- GO:0019717 synaptosome
- GO:0019901 protein kinase binding
- GO:0021510 spinal cord development
- GO:0030054 cell junction
- GO:0030165 PDZ domain binding
- GO:0031267 small GTPase binding
- GO:0031489 myosin V binding
- GO:0031594 neuromuscular junction
- GO:0031623 receptor internalization
- GO:0031681 G-protein beta-subunit binding
- GO:0031698 beta-2 adrenergic receptor binding
- GO:0032279 asymmetric synapse
- GO:0032355 response to estradiol stimulus
- GO:0035249 synaptic transmission, glutamatergic
- GO:0042220 response to cocaine
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043025 neuronal cell body
- GO:0043197 dendritic spine
- GO:0043198 dendritic shaft
- GO:0045211 postsynaptic membrane
- GO:0045838 positive regulation of membrane potential
- GO:0048167 regulation of synaptic plasticity
- GO:0050806 positive regulation of synaptic transmission
- GO:0051602 response to electrical stimulus
- GO:0060992 response to fungicide
- GO:0071230 cellular response to amino acid stimulus
- GO:0071359 cellular response to dsRNA
- GO:0071363 cellular response to growth factor stimulus
- GO:0071375 cellular response to peptide hormone stimulus
- GO:0071407 cellular response to organic cyclic compound
- GO:0071445 cellular response to protein stimulus
- For research purposes only
Applications of GluR1 (pSer831) antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- AHP914 detects a band of approximately 100 kDa in rat brain lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||F||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||C E WB||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||C F||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||F||1 ml|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
Product Specific References
Castellani, G.C. et al. (2001) A biophysical model of bidirectional synaptic plasticity: Dependence on AMPA and NMDA receptors.
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 98: 12772 - 12777.