Darpp-32 (pThr34) antibody
DARPP-32 is principally expressed in striatal medium spiny neurons, and plays a critical role in the regulation of dopaminergic neurotransmission.
DARPP-32 can act either as a phosphatase inhibitor or as a kinase inhibitor, depending on its relative state of phosphorylation . Phosphorylation at threonine 34 converts DARPP-32 into an inhibitor of protein phosphatase-1 (PP-1) whilst phosphorylation at threonine 75 switches the protein to an inhibitor of protein kinase A (PKA) .
G-protein coupled receptor 6 deficiency in a mouse model of Parkinsons disease leads to an increase in DARPP-32 (pThr34) in striatopalladial neurons with a concommitent increase in locomotor activity and reduced abnormal movements in the mouse dyskinesia model of Parkinson's disease, thus suggesting treatment other than dopamine replacement for the condition (Oekl et al. 2014).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Expected from Sequence Dog Expected from Sequence Human Expected from Sequence Bovine Expected from Sequence Chicken Expected from Sequence Monkey Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to phosphorylated rat DARPP-32 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen.
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM HEPES pH7.5
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide 0.1% Bovine Serum Albumin 50% Glycerol
- Synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to an amino acid sequence within DARPP-32 which includes phosphorylated Thr34.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0004864 protein phosphatase inhibitor activity
- GO:0035556 intracellular signal transduction
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- For research purposes only
Applications of Darpp-32 (pThr34) antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- AHP897 detects a band of approximately 32kDa in rat caudate lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||F||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||C E WB||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||C F||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||F||1 ml|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for Darpp-32 (pThr34) antibody
Xiao, M.F. et al. (2009) Neural cell adhesion molecule modulates dopaminergic signaling and behavior by regulating dopamine D2 receptor internalization.
J Neurosci. 29: 14752-63.
Oeckl, P. et al. (2014) G-protein coupled receptor 6 deficiency alters striatal dopamine and cAMP concentrations and reduces dyskinesia in a mouse model of Parkinson's disease
Exp Neurol. 257C: 1-9.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra