Filter by Application:P Reset
|Goat anti Human VEGF antibody recognizes human VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor), a heparin-binding cytokine and member of the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family, which exists as several splice variants of the VEGF gene. VEGF, originally named vascular permeability factor due to its ability to act as vasodilator and increase microvascular permeability, is a potent stimulator of angiogenesis of both normal and cancerous cells, and acts as a regulator of vasculogenesis.
The functional forms of VEGF exist as disulphide-linked homodimers and are classified according to the number of amino acid residues within a constitutive polypeptide chain e.g VEGF165. All VEGF family members act through binding to the tyrosine kinase receptors VEGFR-1 (Flt-1) and VEGFR-2 (KDR/CD309), whilst the closely-related VEGF-C and VEGF-D, can also bind to VEGFR-3 (Flt-4).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5ml sterile PBS containing 0.1% Bovine Serum Albumin.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage, the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human VEGF were raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human VEGF
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- This biotinylated human VEGF antibody may be used in a direct ELISA or as the detection reagent in a sandwich ELISA with our purified human VEGF antibody (AHP831) as the capture reagent and recombinant human VEGF (PHP091) as the standard.
- Western Blotting
- This antibody may be used in Western Blotting under either reducing or non-reducing conditions with recombinant human VEGF (PHP091) as the positive control.
References for VEGF antibody
Hjelmgren, O. et al. (2016) Increased Vascularization in the Vulnerable Upstream Regions of Both Early and Advanced Human Carotid Atherosclerosis.
PLoS One. 11 (12): e0166918.
Gamliel, M. et al. (2018) Trained Memory of Human Uterine NK Cells Enhances Their Function in Subsequent Pregnancies.
Immunity. 48 (5): 951-962.e5.
Neufeld, G. et al. (1999) Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and its receptors.
FASEB J. 13: 9-22.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up